Collection: Part 1

Research Task

Research Task Brief

This task requires you to carry out broad and in-depth research, which will form the basis of a project to be undertaken in the studio next week. Your tutor will put you into groups of 5 or 6. As a group, you are asked to choose one PRACTITIONER, one MATERIAL and one PROCESS from your groups slot on the list provided. Each group will be allocated a one-hour time slot to use the CSM library on Friday 9th September or Monday 12th September (see timetable). In the library you will work as a group to collect and pool research relevant to your topics.

Reflection

Today's task was to go out around the college and find plastic. With such an open brief, my group and I didn't really know what to look for, so we wandered in the area and tried to find as many different kinds as we could. Firstly, I acknowledged the different criteria that this material could fall into; transparent or opaque, maleable or hard, smooth or grainy. From there on I tried to sketch and take pictures of very different plastics, so I could have a better imput in our group discussion that was following.

Final Sketches

Sketches

Chair

Door Info

Fire Extinguisher

Cables

Pencil Case

Trash Bag

Fields marked by '*' are required.